Behnam Ghalamchi obtained his doctoral degree from Lappeenranta University of Technology (LUT), Finland in title of ‘Dynamic Analysis Model of Spherical Roller Bearings with Defects’ in 2014. His research interest is dynamic analysis of high-speed machinery, High precision manufacturing, and aerial robotics. Starting in July 2017, He is doing Post-Doctoral mobility (Funded by Post-Doc Pooli – Finnish Cultural Foundation) at HiPeRLab, UC Berkeley, CA.
Positions and Administrative functions:
- President of Berkeley Post-Doc Association (BPA), University of California, Berkeley, USA. 2018-continued
- Project Manager: Infinity Variable Differential (IVD), Tekes: Finnish Funding Agency for Innovation, Finland, 2016-2017.
- Project Member: Machining Vibration (Vmax), Tekes: Finnish Funding Agency for Innovation,Finland, 2015-2016.
- Project Member: Virtual Design of Rotating Machines – ViDROM, Academy of Finland, 2014-2017.
- Project Member: Digital Twin of Rotor System – TwinRotor, Academy of Finland, 2017- present.
- Project Member: Design of High Speed Rotating Machinery : Aurelia Turbines,Finland, 2013- 2016.
- Project Member: High Speed Rotating Machinery: The Switch,Finland, 2016.
- J E Heikkinen, B Ghalamchi, R Viitala, J Sopanen, J Juhanko, A Mikkola, Vibration analysis of paper machine’s asymmetric tube roll supported by spherical roller bearings. Mechanical Systems and Signal Processing 104, 2018.
- G Stepan, A K Kiss, B Ghalamchi, J Sopanen, D Bachrathy. Chatter avoidance in cutting highly flexible workpieces. CIRP Annals Manufacturing Technology, 2017.
- B Ghalamchi, L Sopanen, A Mikkola, Modelling and Dynamic Analysis of Spherical Roller Bearing with Localized Defects: Analytical Formulation to Calculate Defect Depth and Stiffness. Shock and Vibration . 2015.
- B Ghalamchi, J Sopanen, A Mikkola, Simple and Versatile Dynamic Model of Spherical Roller Bearing. International Journal of Rotating Machinery. 2013.
- R T Faal, B Ghalamchi, Three-dimensional vibration analysis of a finite cylinder using the generalized differential quadrature method. International Journal Engineering Systems Modeling and Simulation, 4(5), 2013.
- Holda. C, Ghalamchi B, Mueller M, Tilting multicopter rotors for increased power efficiency and yaw authority. ICUAS (International Conference on Unmanned Aircraft Systems), 2018
- Ghalamchi B, Mueller M, Vibration Based Propeller Fault Diagnosis for Multicopters. ICUAS (International Conference on Unmanned Aircraft Systems), 2018
- Ghalamchi B. Sopanen J, Effect of magnet mass distribution on balancing quality of the high-speed permanent magnet turbo generator IFToMM International Conference on Rotor Dynamics, Brazil, 2018
- Ghalamchi B. Sopanen J, Multibody Dynamics Simulation of a Mechanism for Generating Continuously Variable Motion, IFToMM International Conference on Rotor Dynamics, Brazil, 2018
- Neisi N, Ghalamchi B; Heikkinen J; SillanpääT,Hartikainen, T, Sopanen J, A case study of the contact force and stress in the backup bearing of a turbo generator: Experimental study and numerical simulation of dropdown, IFToMM International Conference on Rotordynamics, Brazil, 2018
- Jaatinen-Värri A, Malkamäki M, Nerg J, Uusitalo A, Ghalamchi B, Uzhegov N, Smirnov A, Sikanen E, Grönman A, Backman J; Design of a 400 kW gas turbine prototype, ASME Turbo Expo 2016, South Korea
- Vuojolainen J, Smirnov A, Jastrzebski R, Sillanpää T, Ghalamchi B, Toni H, Pyrhönen O; Updating the model of a rotor with surface mounted permanent magnets in an active magnetic bearing rotor system; International Symposium on Magnetic Bearings (ISMB15), 2016. Japan
- Ghalamchi, B., Heikkinen, J., Sopanen, J., and Mikkola, A.; Vibration Analysis of Paper Machine’s Asymmetric Tube Roll. IFToMM World Congress, 2015. Taipei.
- Ghalamchi B., Klodowski A., Sopanen J., and Mikkola A Genetic Optimization of Geometrical Parameters of High Speed Rotor, ASME 2015 International Design Engineering Technical Conferences and Computers and Information in Engineering Conference, 2015, USA
- Heikkinen J, Ghalamchi B, Sopanen J, Mikkola A. Twice-Running-Speed Resonances of a Spherical Roller Bearings Supported Paper Machine Tube Roll – Analysis And Comparison With Experiments. Proceedings of the ASME 2014 International Design Engineering Technical Conferences & Computers and Information in Engineering Conference IDETC/CIE 2014
- Ghalamchi B, Sopanen J, and Mikkola A; Spherical Roller Bearing Simulation Model with Localized Defects, 9th IFToMM International Conference on Rotor Dynamics IFToMM ICORD 2014. Milan, Italy. published in Springer”Mechanisms and Machine Science”
- Ghalamchi B, Sopanen J, and Mikkola A; Dynamic model of spherical roller bearing. ASME, International Design Engineering Technical Conferences and Computers and Information in Engineering Conference: 25th Conference on Mechanical Vibration and Noise (VIB), IDETC/CIE 2013. Oregon. USA.
- Ghariblu. H., Moharrami. A., Ghalamchi. B., Bayat. N. “Design and Modeling of a Ball Wheel Mobile Robot”, International Conference on Advanced Material Research, ICAMR 2012; Chengdu; China